"Go into all the world..."

"Go into all the world..."
Mt. Rainier, Washington

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Talk About Getting Your Message Out!!!



RSS Logo
Really Simple Syndication




Over the past two weeks I have been blessed to learn a wealth of information regarding technology and its potential impact on church ministry. This information was of particular interest to me as we began to discuss it's use in personal evangelism. If you have not done any research in this area, let me be the first to tell you...STOP PROCRASTINATING! The potential to expand your ministry through the effective use of modern technologies is incredible. The above RSS logo is just one example.
I've seen this logo before and never thought twice as to what it was. That was until I learned it was a way for me to connect my sermons, blogs, websites to the entire internet! What's the big deal, aren't all things published online available to all internet users? Well yes, but RSS is different in that users subscribe to your website or blog and every time you update the material the subscriber is made aware of it. As I was taught, it is a way of "pushing" your message out to the world through this technology as opposed to "pulling" them in. Like I said, this stuff is new to me but I sure am excited about it. It brings to life new ways of reaching people on a GLOBAL scale. I don't know about you, but I am interested in reaching as many people as possible with the message of Christ (Mark 16: 15).

No comments: